Saturday, November 15, 2008

Focus on the Positive

When I started homeschooling my kids, I knew that I would be responsible for teaching them everything. What I didn't realize is that they would teach me just as much.

This week my 14 year old daughter and I were involved in a hit and run car accident. I thank God that there were no injuries. My daughter told me after that she never once asked herself why did God let this happen to us. She said that the only thing that kept coming to her mind was how great God is because look at what He kept from happening to us.

That thought brought a lot of things into focus for me. As a stay at home homeschool mom it is easy to get caught up in the mind set of dwelling on what didn't get finished. We need to learn to focus on the positive and what things have been accomplished.

Ask yourself, have I made the world a better place for someone today? Have I shown God's love for others today?

Michelle Turner
OneDotComMom

No comments: